It can be easy to forget that your air conditioner needs attention, especially when it’s running fine. It’s when it doesn’t that you may wonder if there was anything you could have done to prevent potentially costly repairs from occurring. There is: regular maintenance.
At JW Heating and Air, we believe so much in the benefits of regular maintenance that we have 2 different maintenance plans available for our customers. You’re the repair of your air conditioner is our first priority; here are a few reasons why maintenance helps you prevent them:
- Your system is thoroughly inspected – during a routine maintenance appointment, the first step your technician will take is to thoroughly inspect your system for problems. This includes both indoor and outdoor units and a visual inspection of the ductwork.
- Your system is cleaned – dirt and dust can accumulate quickly on different parts of your system, including the coils, fans and filters. Build-up in your system can cause many problems, including decreased air flow and reduction in cooling. Cleaning these components keeps them functioning optimally.
- Small problems are addressed – normal wear-and-tear can cause small problems like worn belts, frayed wires and dry ball bearings. During a maintenance appointment, these issues are taken care of before they can blossom into larger problems.
What Happens During a Routine Maintenance Appointment?
Here is an overview of what happens during a bi-annual maintenance appointment with JW Heating & Air:
- Clean or replace standard air filters
- Inspect inside cooling coil (clean air discounted service rate if necessary)
- Inspect primary and secondary drains
- Clean and test condensate drain
- Inspect blower components – clean and/or adjust as necessary
- Inspect condenser coil – clean as necessary
- Lubricate all moving parts (where applicable)
- Inspect & tighten all loose electrical connections
- Monitor air conditioner operating pressures for proper refrigerant charge. Add up to two pounds of refrigerant each year (per system) if needed
Save Money and Time with Regular Maintenance
When your system runs optimally, it uses less energy and provides the dry, cool air you need during the summer. The EPA estimates that air conditioners can lose up to 5% of their original efficiency each year when they aren’t properly maintained; when you consider the average life span of an air conditioner is 10-12 years, that’s a lot of efficiency to lose. Help yourself avoid potentially costly repairs – call JW Heating & Air and schedule air conditioning maintenance in Glendale today.