It’s a small instrument, but it’s powerful: your thermostat. Because it controls the cycling of your entire air conditioning system, it’s important to make sure that your thermostat is running as it should. When a thermostat malfunctions, it can wreak havoc on your comfort. JW Heating and Air specializes in the installment, repair and replacement of thermostats throughout the Glendale area, and we can help you match your system with the thermostat that will work best with your home and system.
How a Malfunctioning Thermostat Can Affect Your AC
There are a few ways a malfunctioning thermostat can affect the operation of your air conditioning system:
- Problems with indoor comfort – a malfunctioning thermostat can make your indoor temperature too high, too low or even create problems with the moisture level.
- Short-cycling – short-cycling occurs when a thermostat keeps turning your system on and off. Short-cycling can damage your system and cause premature aging of the components.
- Problems with energy efficiency – every time your system cycles, it needs power to do so, especially at start-up. If your system is clicking on and off, it is very likely using more energy than it should be.
The Benefits of Installing an Upgraded Thermostat
If you have been experiencing a number of problems with your thermostat, it may be time to consider an upgrade. Here are some of the benefits you can gain from installing a new thermostat:
- Better energy efficiency – no matter what type of thermostat you upgrade to, be it digital, programmable, wireless or smart, the precision of the digital face can help with energy efficiency.
- Better comfort – the precision a digital thermostat can offer, coupled with the programmability of a programmable thermostat, offers you precise temperature-setting that can be programmed for different days, nights and weekends.
- Easier to use – today’s thermostats are easy to use and have intuitive buttons that make them easy to operate.
- Convenience – a programmable thermostat allows you to program for 7-day cycles that loop, so you can maintain efficiency without constantly managing your thermostat on your own.
If you are looking for an easy solution to improving the performance of your air conditioner, a new thermostat may be just what you need. Call JW Heating and Air today and schedule air conditioning service in Glendale with one of our HVAC experts.