One of the important services that we offer to our customers is improvements for indoor air quality. We install air filters, air purifiers, humidifiers, dehumifidiers, and special UV germicidal lights.
People are sometimes a bit surprised at the many options available to help them clean their household air, and they often wonder if such measures are really necessary. How many pollutants could there be moving around the air of a house?
Actually, quite a lot. There are numerous indoor sources of air pollution, and most of these you can’t eliminate (such as basic building materials and your gas furnace). The best you can do is have devices installed that remove the contaminants and give your family healthier air to breathe. Here are some of the more common air pollutants that might develop in a house:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs): These are gases that can be responsible for a wide range of health troubles, such as respiratory conditions, skin irritation, and even cancer. VOCs come from many different household products and processes, such as paint, paint thinner, cosmetics, cleaning solutions, air fresheners, fuel combustion, and pressed wood products.
- Formaldehyde: This VOC deserve special attention, since it’s very common (even your own body produces formaldehyde) and creates numerous health difficulties. In high concentrations, it can even cause skin inflammation.
- Dust mites: These are small, insectoid pests that live in dust, bedding, and carpets. Even a clean home can have them. Although they don’t bite and aren’t parasitic, they are a major source of allergies and asthma.
- Bacteria and mold spores: Organic pollutants such as these are among the most unhealthy air contaminants that can affect a home. Usually it takes a UV germicidal light to safely eliminate these hazards.
- Carbon monoxide: If you use natural gas to power appliances in your home, there is a danger of this colorless, odorless, toxic gas getting into the house, even in small levels.
JW Heating and Air has the indoor air quality solutions that will help you in Lakewood, CA. We offer IAQ solutions throughout the Greater Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, and San Gabriel Areas.